cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power copy option

Power copy option

Power copy option

There must be option to select some components of one study file &  copy them or paster them in another study file.

For example

If I need to add same feed system to other study file, I should be able copy the only feed system from that study file, should be directly paste in other study. file.

6 Comments
mf99
Contributor

I agree to .

I would also like to copy these things.

- elements & nodes

- Procees Settings

- Materials (that not in the Standard or Personal database)

I understand that you can doing some "Study Add" but it bothers me a lot.,

especially the mesh model is large. It will be very convenient if you can

do it using ctrl-C and P or some copy-paste commands. 

(Some CAD systems can do it , and its really nice !)

I am a Moldflow Vender and I have heard several simular wishes from

customers.  

Thank you

MehtaMJ
Contributor

I think best way to Export selected items to put on separate layer and export only that layer.

Instead of whole file.

M.J.Mehta

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Understood. This could be a logical extension of the Copy settings introduced in the 2016 release

madhukeshwart
Advisor
Thanks for implementing
dorinc
Autodesk

Hi Everyone,

As Hanno mentioned, in the 2016 Insight product we released the "Copy Study Settings" option which enables you to copy the materials, mesh types, mesh settings, molding process, analysis sequence and some process settings to another study (see image below). 

When it comes to copying geometry such as feed systems, runners or cooling lines, I'm interested to understand more about why you require this, and whether there are other ways we could potentially resolve the issue you are facing?  For example, rather than copying runners or other geometry from one study to another, would it actually help you more if you could access a standard library of geometry (such as runners) that you could distribute throughout the users at your company?

If you can provide me with more detail about the problem you are facing,  then I can work with you and the team here to try to find a solution.

Untitled.png

Thank you,

Caroline Dorin

---

Principal User Experience (UX) Designer

Product Design Group - Simulation

M.Brassel
Advocate

@dorinc: A standard library of geometry (such as runners) would be a good idea. I know that some competitors offer this in cooperation with some hot runner vendors. This would reduce the modelling time and help creating a new runner system from scratch.

We often copy geometry such as feed systems, runners or cooling lines from one study to another if there are only small changes in the geometry of the part (next development step) or if we do an iteration with small changes in feed systems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report