cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have all ribbon tabs available at all times

Have all ribbon tabs available at all times

I would like to see all ribbon tabs available at all times.  Then when I'm in Mesh ribbon, I wouldn't have to click Home, before clicking Geometry.  I could click any tab at any time.  This will result in less back and forth clicking.  And there is plenty of room along the current dark grey bar to add them all.  See attached picture.

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, totally agree with you. Compared with the classic UI, I believe the ribbon UI has brought us a lot of inconveniences during modeling phase.

Option2: improvement for shortcut key

1. step1: Alt+H+G, the geometry tab will be activated.
  2. step2: After step1, we want to check the mesh quality. Alt+H+M should be performed.
  3. step3: Now we want to build up runner system, we have to shift to Geometry tab. then Alt+H+G. however the Geometry tab will be closed!

so the ideal should be that: Once the tabs are activated, they will never be closed. they can be only shifted to each other.

PascalGosset
Collaborator

I agree with you.

I spend much more time with the ribbon UI than with the classic one for the same work.

This because of the navigations necessary to find the icons I need.

I think it could be possible to display all the most useful icons in the same screen.

Maybe, this could be done using 2 screens : one with the icons used for the pre processing, one for the post processing.

At least, it would be great to be able to organize the toolbars yourself at it was possible in the classic UI.

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

implemented in 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report