Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export UDB files from Previous moldflow release study files.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
madhukeshwart
1108 Views, 3 Replies

Export UDB files from Previous moldflow release study files.

We Noticed many of material grades  around: 200 grades have been deleted from Moldflow 2014 database,

But we can able to re-run the Old study files in 2014.

When we have to work on new project, where we need to use the old material grades, which is no more with 2014.

If we would like use the old database from the previous study at our own risk, as moldflow no more owns the

resposibility for obsolote database.

Yes,  I agree, we need to request the mateial supplier for new UDB, till then.

There must be option to export or extract UDB file for old study.

For single shot injection molding analysis, we can add mesh to old study to carry forword the materilal base.

But for two shot mold it is not possible to use old data base.

If already there is an option, please do reply

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
raalteh
in reply to: madhukeshwart

You can import a .udb into a study. This import should also accept an (old) .sdy file (last time I checked). Note that old materials are removed as part of maintenance. In many cases the material is no longer sold.
Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 3 of 4

1. Material data was available in previous revision, now we have uninstalled older revision AMI 2013 

2. But we have study file, it was run with old material of previous revision AMI 2013.

3. The same study file, we could able to re-run in 2014, as material data was used from AMI 2013.

4. Even we could add new part from separate to the same old study, and also we could able run, as study had already asigned material from AMI 2013.

5. Now we wanted to use the old material for 2nd shot of two shot mold / sequential overmolding.

6. when we have select old material for 2nd shot, either we can selcted from moldflow database or data in *.UDB format. 

Hope I have epxplained my problem clearly now.

If any one have solution. plese provide the same. 

Madhukeshwar Talwar

Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 4

I got a solution as I extracted the UDB data from old study and manually entered the data and could able to run the analysis.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report