Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

improving cooling channels make part temperature increase

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
514 Views, 1 Reply

improving cooling channels make part temperature increase

when i improve the cooling channels, my cycle time decrease... but my part temperature increase .That is a strange result. why is that happening? what are the conclusions i should  collect from that analysis?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nordhb
in reply to: 2090725

Hi,
the general aim of cooling is to have a uniform cooling, uniform part surface temperature.
The overall requirements for cooling the part will always be a compromise between uniform cooling to assure part quality, and fast cooling to minimize production costs.

When you run cool analysis you can use Automatic option or set time.
Automatic: Automatically calculate the cycle time when running a Cool analysis.
This will show which cooling layout is most efficient, meaning shortest cycle time.
But short cycle time does not necessarily mean best solution if the part surface temperature has too big variations.

Set time: you are in control of injection + packing + cooling time for cool analysis.
Using the same cooling time for different cooling layouts will show different surface temperatures as well.

When the cycle time is shorter, this generally means the cooling time is shorter (assuming same mold open/close time),  resulting in a higher mold and part surface temperature, which is expected for similar cooling circuit layout.

In the pictures you supplied, there are only cooling circuits on one side. Not sure why this design.
"First printscreen : optimal cooling – Part temperature : 57,02ºC"
The range is 40-57ºC, a shorter cycle time as I understand, but a more un-uniform surface temperature comparing the inner and outer surface of part.
“Second printscreen: Great cooling – Part temperature : 56,14ºC”
The range is 40-56ºC, a shorter cycle time as I understand, but still a more un-uniform surface temperature comparing the inner and outer surface of part.
"Third printscreen: worse cooling - Part temperature : 48,16ºC"
The range is 40-48ºC, a more uniform cooling comparing the inner and outer surface of part, but a longer cycle time, as I understand.

If the aim is only shortest cycle time: "First printscreen : optimal cooling – Part temperature : 57,02ºC"
If the aim is a uniform surface temperature: "Third printscreen: worse cooling - Part temperature : 48,16ºC"

In the scenarios shown, I think you should create cooling circuit layout on both sides first and to get a uniform surface  temperature over the part on both sides.

Does this answer your questions?

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report