Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some strange shrinkage results in AMA 2010 rev 1 - 3D vs. 3D high resolutio

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
solymossy
483 Views, 1 Reply

Some strange shrinkage results in AMA 2010 rev 1 - 3D vs. 3D high resolutio

Hello!

I've encountered an "issue" that I was addressed by one of my clients. They wanted to run a shrinkage analysis on a model with large wall thicknesses and the analysis came up with some strange results.

With a "normal" 3D mesh the results were almost identical to the results I got after importing the study to Insight and running the analysis there. But with the High Resolution option turned on (3D mesh, AMA201-R1) the results indicated a 0.9 mm deep "Sink Mark, estimated" that was nowhere to be seen on the same study in Insight.

I was wondering about what could possibly gone wrong with the analysis? (I've tried to move the injection location to investigate the effect of it's position to the Sink Mark and also played a bit with the material and settings... Nothing.)

I would appreciate any suggestions about what could cause that enormous sink mark only with the High Accuracy setting on!

Thanks,

Balázs
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
atelian
in reply to: solymossy

Hello!
Did you try to get support by phone yet ? Have you already got a reply ?
The result looks like that the elements does not fit to the shape/ surface-is that right ?
Best regards,
anja

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report