Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Install

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pankram
1154 Views, 6 Replies

Silent Install

Any ideas how to silently install the client and have it point to a network floating license? I tried adding a registry key and adding an environmental variable, and it doesn't seem to be enough.

Thanks,
Max
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
raalteh
in reply to: pankram

Hi Max,

Page 15 of your installation guide should contain information on the silent installation of Autodesk Moldflow Adviser products.

I hope this helps.

Hanno van Raalte
Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 3 of 7
pankram

Hello,
Thanks for the reply! I had used that information to get the MPA tool installed, however I cannot get the licensing tool to point to my license server without having to use the license tool manually.

Thanks,
Max
Message 4 of 7
nordhb

Hi,
in the command line did you use:
/mfpsserver="server_hostname"
where server_hostname is the hostname of your license server.

Can you add the command line here?

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 5 of 7
pankram

Hi Berndt,
Thanks for the reply! I tried that as well as adding the key to the registry. Neither seemed to work. The only way I can point to the correct license server seems to be by manually launching the "network license server settings" and typing it in.

Max
Message 6 of 7
nordhb

Hi Max,
I have used following commands, which works fine and set the license server name when
looking via Start > Programs > Autodesk > License Manager (Moldflow) > Network License Server Settings .
You need admin privileges for the installation.

Autodesk Moldflow Adviser 2010 R2
C:\Documents and Settings\user>ama_full_eng_main_09251_004_wnx.exe /silent /mfpsserver="license_server"

Autodesk Moldflow Adviser 2010 R2 SP1
C:\Documents and Settings\user>a01_09333_x64.exe /silent /mfpsserver="license_server"

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 7 of 7
pankram

Thanks Berndt! That is exactly what I was missing.

Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report