Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resin Issue

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
gochoats01
791 Views, 1 Reply

Resin Issue

Hello Autodesk Team,

i want to add my resin info my resin is an Acrylite FT15 and the manufacturer is Cyro Industries, i sent an email to moldflow datafitting and they answered with an udb file that already exists in the material database.

My issue is that the recommended processing info is different from the material supplier, and when i perform fill analysis moldflow says that the part quality is compromised.

i want to know if there is another way to get the precise material info in Moldflow.

The PDF file of the resin manufacturer is attached.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alex.Bakharev
in reply to: gochoats01

If you are unhappy with the recommended processing conditions you can easily create your own custom material udb file with your own data.

Go to Tools ribbon, press "New" button (second left in the Databases section). Select "Themoplastic material" and press OK

NewModel.JPGpress "New" 

Press Databases button (in the right bottom cormer) Find your base material (e.g. search for Tradename having Acylit in it. Press copy button to copy the material into your specific database

Copymat.JPG

Now you can edit select your new material and edit it: (click on it and press edit button) Change the description (to easier distinguish materials. and "Recommended Processing conditions.

Press OK to finish editiong material and then OK to finish worsk with the new databse

ModDescription.JPG

Now you can select and use your own modified material instead of the public material datafile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report