Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Results from Moldflow 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eggert.christian
604 Views, 2 Replies

Problems with Results from Moldflow 2013

Hello Everybody...

I'm using autodesk moldflow ultimate adviser 2013.
I have some problems with resluts of the simulation.
I have the same item, simulated three times with three different plastics.
After that, I took the result an put in the simulated parameters to an Arburg Injection-moulding machine. With two of three plastics, the simulation did not match.
I used PLA (Natureworks 3251D), PS (BASF 143E) and PP (Sabic 576P). PLA and PS did not match. PP did match quiet perfect.
The Problems are the Injection-Pressures for PLA an PS. They are three times to less. The Temperatures are Ok. I don't have any idea why this happend.

Maybe you have an idea?!

Thank you for answering soon an I'M sorry for my poor english...

I asked the the Autodesk-Support, but within I'm using a student-version, there is no support included.

My Problem is, that this is a part of my bachelor theses, so it would be very nice, if someone has an idea...!?

Best wishes

Christian Eggert

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

NO IDEAS?!

Message 3 of 3
raalteh
in reply to: eggert.christian

Hi Christian,

I think the question you asked is very broad; 'the resuls don't match' is not a very detailed description of what you are looking at. Are you looking at pressure results, filling pattern, warpage, are you using a Dual Domain mesh or 3D ... Also,, what is the level of accuracy you are expecting?

Without that type of details in the question, it is hard to give a good response to the question.

One tip; look at the material data you selected. In the material data, on the "quality indicator" tab, you find a Filling, Packing and Warpage quality indicator (bronze, silver, gold). The three levels indicate the confidence levels in the material data. Not every material has the full material dataset characterized and the holes in the data may be filled with generic data (or data of unknown quality and origins). In those cases the confidence in the material data can be reduced and you are more likely to see more and larger discrepancies in predictive accuracy.

I hope this helps

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report