Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on Cooling time variance

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dinesh27mec
990 Views, 1 Reply

Information on Cooling time variance

Hi

• What is cooling time variance plot says? from my dynamic help i found it mens time difference between average time taken by part to reach ejection temp to time taken by selected region to reach ejection temp.

If tat is the case is there any option to find what is average time its considered for plotting this result?

•  What is difference between time to reach ejection temperature in fill plot and in cool analysis?

Dinesh Kumar D
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nordhb
in reply to: dinesh27mec

Hi,

regarding your questions:
"What is cooling time variance plot says? from my dynamic help i found it mens time difference between average time taken by part to reach ejection temp to time taken by selected region to reach ejection temp.
If tat is the case is there any option to find what is average time its considered for plotting this result?"
> The Cooling time variance result shows the difference between the time it takes for polymer to freeze in any region of the part and the average time it takes to freeze in the entire part.
ASMA Help >  User's Guide > Results > Cool analysis results > Cooling time variance result
The Cooling time variance is calculated from when material freezes, hence when melt reaching Temperature Transition.
The intention of this result is to find areas that requires significantly longer cooling time, affecting cycle time.
There is no such result as of what the average time is as such.

"What is difference between time to reach ejection temperature in fill plot and in cool analysis?"

Cool: The Time to reach ejection temperature, measured from the start of the cycle.
At the start of the measurement, the part is assumed to be instantantousley filled with material at set melt temperature.
Cool needs this starting point to be able to calculate.

Fill: The Time to reach ejection temperature result shows the amount of time required to reach the ejection temperature, which is measured from the start of fill.
It considers melt temperature and its changes caused by shear heating during filling.

Look up material data Temperature Ejection and Temperature Transition to evalute the result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report