Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing the 3D option

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GeoffCrumblin1340
465 Views, 2 Replies

Forcing the 3D option

Hi, I am trying to analyse a tricky TPE component with thick wall. The default upon importing denies me access to the 3D option. Any work around suggestions pls?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Geoff,

Adviser will prevent you from performing a 3D analysis when there are problems with the CAD model that cannot be fixed automatically.  It will allow you to run a DD analysis in this case, but it is possible that the analysis will not complete, or that you will have convergence problems.

There are many potential causes for the problems with the model.  Check your original CAD file for overlapping surfaces and thin holes.  If you are importing as an STL, there may be problems in the STL file generation as well.

You may want to consider:

-Autodesk CADdoctor for Moldflow

-Autodesk Design Link

Design Link will allow to import directly to Moldflow using the software that you used to create the model, which is ProEngineer in my case.

CADdoctor will allow you to fix problems with the part geometry before exporting as .udm for Moldfow.

Matt

Message 3 of 3

You are correct, found several holes in the model, all fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report