Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting shrinkage models and tool temperatures

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sammy2012
717 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting shrinkage models and tool temperatures

Hi,

I am a very new user of Moldflow advisor and am still trying to understand it's capabilities (and if it can actually do what I am attempting!) I would appreciate if someone could comment on my plans to:

1) Simulate the moulding process for a series of geometries and then export the actual shrinkage model for further analysis. Is this possible using Moldflow adviser? Do guides/tutorials exist for this?

2) Predict what the tool temperature is during the simulation? I assume that this will involve an analysis of the complete tool but am unsure of how to actually "gather" the results during the actual analysis.

All advice is very much appreciated.

Many thanks and best regards,

sammy

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nordhb
in reply to: sammy2012

Hi,
regarding 1), to export warped shape to other cae software you need Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Synergy and Insight
At http://www.autodesk.com/moldflow , tab Features and then Compare you can see what the different packages can do.

Regarding 2), you can simulate mold temperatures by adding cooling circuits.
You need Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser Ultimate to simulate the analysis sequence Cool.
Have a look at:
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Simulation_Moldflow/enu/2013/Help/Adviser/0572-Modeling572/1136-Cooling... 
In Adviser the mold temperature is an temperature averaged over the cycle.
You have more options of Cool analysis in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Synergy and Insight, such as Mold transient temperature over cycle or transient from production start-up.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report