Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out license to laptop

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
carlrw
692 Views, 1 Reply

Check out license to laptop

Is there a way to transfer my license to my laptop for a few days so I can use the software without being logged into my license server? Thanks, Carl
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
madhukeshwart
in reply to: carlrw

Activating portable computer mode
The portable computer mode feature allows you to use the program while your portable PC, that is, a laptop or notebook, is disconnected from the network on which the license server resides.

Note: You may only use portable computer mode if you are running a Commercial version of your Moldflow software and have at least one floating license of Synergy available on the network at the time of activating this mode. Portable computer mode is not supported for Enterprise editions of Moldflow software.
After activating portable computer mode and disconnecting from the network, you can perform pre and post-processing work, such as modeling or viewing results, however, you cannot run any analyses. You can continue to use the product for a maximum of 30 days after disconnecting from the network. Portable computer mode ends as soon as you reconnect to the network.

To activate portable computer mode, use the following instructions:

Ensure your portable computer is connected to the network, and at least one floating license available. You must be using a Commercial version of the Moldflow software.
If necessary, click File > Save All Studies to save your current work.
Click Tools > Portable Computer Mode. A prompt appears asking you to confirm that you want to close the application and activate portable computer mode.
Click Yes.
Disconnect your portable computer from the network. You can now use the application for a period of up to 30 days while the portable computer is disconnected from the network.
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report