Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestions for improvement thread

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bannecke
717 Views, 4 Replies

suggestions for improvement thread

Hi,

I think a thread with suggestion for improvement is a nice idea.

So I start with some points from my side:

-  one-way boundary condition for contact simulation

- Range Settings Tab

saving the settings according to the results (e.g. a specific setting for stress, deflection...)

so when I switch from stress results to deflection, I do not have to adjust the settings every time again..

- optimization for surface contact algorithm

The calculation including surface contact problems takes excessive time in my opinion.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nmt
Advocate
in reply to: bannecke

Hi, great idea with the improvement thread.

One other thing that might be handy would be the ability in the range settings for the legend set several own defined values e.g.. Yield point,1,5*yield point and so on  just like you can set the Max. Value.

Cheers / H. Nilsson

Message 3 of 5
AndrewWeighell7348
in reply to: nmt

I would second that.

I would like an if statement in the surface variable load to use discontinuous functions or just to create patch loads. 

The work around is to create extra surfaces but this can be messy and tiresome.

Message 4 of 5

Stopping an analysis freezes the program for quite a while.

I think a little bit of code optimization here would be nice, too

Regards

Boris

Message 5 of 5
jhebert206
in reply to: bannecke

I know this ais an old thread, but still relevant I think.  I would like to be able to export parameter data from an optimization simulation, or atleast be able to view my parameters against each other for all simulations at once, instead of having to use the scroll bar to generate all possible scenarios.  Being able to make convergance plots (ie min. mass and max safety factor) instead of just plots of a single parameter, and to be able to easily export the plots, would be nice as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report