Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulation mechanical 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pquenzi
390 Views, 2 Replies

simulation mechanical 2014

I use Inventor 2014 along with Simulation Mechanical 2013. Today when I tried to launch Sim from an Inventor model I got the message shown in attachment. I next tried to open the Inventor file from within Sim Mech 2013 but that would not work either. I next uninstalled Sim Mech 2013 and installed Sim Mech 2014. I still cannot launch Sim Mech 2014 from Inventor (still get the message shown in attachment), but I can now open and work with Inventor files from within Sim Mech 2014. Someone on the Inventor Discussion Group suggested I need to re register the driver but could not tell me how to do it. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thank you for your help. Phil (pjquenzi@gmail.com)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: pquenzi

To re-register all of the files related to Simulation Mechanical, use Windows Explorer and locate the folder where Sim Mech is installed. Right click on the file "regall.bat" and choose "Run as Administrator". A black "command prompt" window will appear and remain open for a minute or so. When the window closes, try to transfer the model again.

Naturally, you want to run regall.bat when the Sim Mech software is not running.

Message 3 of 3
pquenzi
in reply to: pquenzi

Thank you for your help but that did not work. It's not that big a deal as long as I can open the Inventor files from within Sim Mech and I can do that. I updated my graphics card driver about a week ago and that may have caused the problem. Thanks again. Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report