Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raising the speed of the simulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ramses061
372 Views, 3 Replies

raising the speed of the simulation

Hi to everybody.

I am using Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2014 with MES. I attached the ds.alg file of my analysis. My problem is that, the analysis's speed is too slow. The analysis runs about 17 hours and the progress is at %3. How can i accelarate it? I have a i7 950 cpu and assigned all cores to the analysis. I have 24 GB DDR3 memory and assigned %90 to the analysis. Before my convergence tolerance was 1e-4 and i reduced it to 1e-2. The analysis accelerated a few like %1. I reduced the time steps but due to the convergence progress, the analysis raised the time steps to 400. Can someone suggest me some idea about accelarating the speed of analysis?

Thanks from now.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
arizawilmer
in reply to: ramses061

Hello...

MES does not have a set of rules to accelerate the simulation time. But check your constrains, check the properties of your simualtion .you can change when the software reduce the step and how much is reduced that sometimes help. Autodesk simulation has in the help files an explanation of the convergen criteria and they give a lot of hints to reduce time in MES

Wilmer Ariza
Researcher Control and SI with AI for autonomous underwater vehicles
PhD student(Australian Maritime College-University of Tasmania)
Master of engineering (Advance Manufacturing Technology- Swinburne University of Technology)
Mechatronic Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Jaesung

Hi,

As txfingenieria pointed out, there are no silver bullets for nonlinear analysis.

But you can try:
1. Reduce the number of unknowns in your model for speedup: modeling by part not assembly, using symmetry, etc.
2. Reduce the degree of nonlinearity: if the strain rage of your model is small, then use small strain set-up. If your contact condition is easily foreseeable, converting them as B.C.
3. Try to run simplified model to check the modeling error ahead to run the full blown model: running the model in linear statics analysis or running it for first 5% of total loading time  to check any mistakes, 

Jaesung

Message 4 of 4
zhuangs

Based on the log file you attached, I would like to recommend two changes:
(1) "Time-Step change factor":  changed from 10 to 2

(2)"Type of solver": changed to "Iterative(AMG)"

-Shoubing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report