Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Shaded with Features"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tfjield
585 Views, 3 Replies

"Shaded with Features"

Hi Guys,

Simple question...  One of the visual styles is called "Shaded with Features."  What are "features?"

I ask because usually I don't see any difference between "Shaded" and "Shaded with Features."  If I set the visual style to "Features" then I see nothing at all.  Occasionally in "Shaded with Features" mode, I'll see some lines delineating the edge of my model.  But it's very hit or miss...  Usually the lines aren't complete, and typically they don't show at all if only one part is visible.  If I save an image, the lines tend to be more complete.  But again, some edges are not shown at all. 

Is this typical?  Or perhaps I have a graphics card issue?  It should would be nice if I could see the part edges along with the shading in my more complex models.

Thanks!

Using Autodesk CFD and Fusion 360
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: tfjield

Hi,

I believe you are referring to he display in the Results Environment, correct? The feature lines are essentially the "edges" of the part. (There is a setting in the software somewhere to set the "minimum break angle". Any adjacent faces whose normals to the face form an angle larger than the break angle creates a feature line on the edge that is shared.)

I noticed that they were not showing in 2013 SP2. I am not sure when the bug was introduced.

Some good news is that it works in the 2014 beta 1.

Message 3 of 4
tfjield
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi John,

Yes, in the Results environment.  The parts draw fine in the FEA Editor.

OK, I'll look for the minimum break angle setting and see if that does anything.  I'm glad it's not just me!  lol

Thank you!

Todd

Message 4 of 4
tfjield
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi John,

The "Minimum Break Angle for Features" setting is under Results Options, View Settings.

Setting this value to 0 now displays most of my part and surface edges when more than one part is shown.  It doesn't show everything, but it's much, much better!

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report