Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meshing thin parts help error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
336 Views, 1 Reply

meshing thin parts help error

I guess there is an error in the help reg meshing thin parts.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Would you believe that the mistake in the first sentence was intentionally made over 6 years ago just to see when someone would catch it?

No, you don't believe it?? Would you believe the mistake in the first sentence occurred over 6 years ago?

I believe the proper wording is:

If the "Solid mesh type" on the "General" tab is set to any type other than "Bricks and wedges (layered mesh of thin parts)", the "Options" tab is available.

The "layered mesh of thin parts" essentially takes one of the surfaces (the top, or bottom, or maybe even a midplane -- I do not know the detail) and extrudes it to make the thickness. Hence, it does not need the settings that are on the "Options" tab. The other types of solid mesh can use the settings on the "Options" tab because they all build solid elements starting from the surfaces and working toward the center. The settings on the Options tab are meant to help that process.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report