Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forrtl: severe (157): Program Exception - access violation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nq12
2066 Views, 2 Replies

forrtl: severe (157): Program Exception - access violation

I am constantly seeing the error forrtl: severe (157): Program Exception - access violation (see log file Error 1). If I close the program down and open it again, or sometimes restart the computer the model will finish but no loading is applied. The log file for this is attached (Error 2).

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Natalie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DonaldR.Culp7481
in reply to: nq12

Natalie --

I have encountered this error while running modal analyses in v.2012. The problem seemed to be related to the model size and/or my installed memory (8 GB). The model solved after reducing the mesh density. However, a better solution was:

1. Access "Analysis\Parameters\Solution tab".

2. In the "Solution Options" box, change "Type of solver" from Automatic to Sparse.

3. In the "Sparse Solver" box:

a. Set "Type of Sparse Solver" to BCSLIB-EXE.

b. Change the "Solver memory allocation" to 50%. (If 50% doesn't work, try decreasing this value.)

See the attached jpg.

This problem may have been fixed in v.2013.

Also see: http://download.autodesk.com/us/algor/userguides/mergedProjects/setting_up_the_analysis/performing_a...

Don C.

Message 3 of 3
nq12
in reply to: DonaldR.Culp7481

Hi Don,

Thanks for your advice. I tried this but I am still having the same problem. When I first made those  changes I got a new error message - K-node lies on the beam axis. I changed the surface number of the element it was referring to, and re-ran the analysis, but then went back to the original error message I was having before! I've been using version 2013. I think it seems to be because I am using centrifugal loading so I think the solution is just to use something else instead of that.

Thanks for your help

Natalie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report