Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting parts (i.e. not just suppressing them)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ucfbmrc
325 Views, 2 Replies

deleting parts (i.e. not just suppressing them)

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this, and have spent a lot of time tweaking my model, as well as the parts involved. I have absolutely loads of parts in the file now, because if i try to delete them it says this is not possible, and I can only suppress them. I obviously could make a new file, but I would like to keep all of my constraints etc. Seeing as I have loads of parts which are just suppressed I'd like to completely delete them but I'm not sure how to do this. I don't know whether the program is actually having to load up each part, but just having the massive list of useless parts is annoying when I'm trying to create different design scenarios (e.g. image below).

Is there any way to delete these completely?

partsfordeletion.png

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sualp.Ozel
in reply to: ucfbmrc

You can only delete parts you manually created in Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013 such as bolts, joints, structured mesh parts, etc. One cannot actually delete CAD imported parts within the Simulation Mechanical 2013. If you want to delete those parts, you have to manually delete them from the CAD software (such as Inventor)

The good news here is that if you are using a CAD tool we have associativity with, you will not really lose any of your setup. After deleting the unnecessary parts in the CAD software, you can push your model back to ASIM-Mech 2013 and upon remeshing the model all your surface loads and boundary conditions should be kept with your new file

Refer the following wiki help link for more details on this topic 

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Simulation_Mechanical/enu/2013/Help/0031-Autodesk31/0106-Open_Mod106/01...

Best Regards

Sualp Ozel, PE

Product Manager

Digital Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Sualp.Ozel

Hi ucfbmrc,

In order to maintain the associativity as Sualp mentioned, you would need to keep the original model name (or possibly rename the Sim model and CAD assembly file to the same new name). Instead of deleting the parts from your CAD model, you can try to suppress them. Many of the CAD apps only transfer the active parts to Simulation mechanical.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report