Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
campbell8300
937 Views, 4 Replies

delete contacts?

In Stress Analysis, I've created Bonded Contacts using the Automatic feature. I'm trying to delete some of these but can find no inuitive way to do this. RMB, delete key, ...no apparent method that's just jumping out at me.

Clearly I'm missing something. I've ended the session, restarted pc, tried new assemblies, ... it's got to be right in front of me, right?

I could use a nudge.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

If you are referring to the Default Contact, right-click and change Bonded to Free/No Contact.

Message 3 of 5

That doesn't appear to be an option. When I RMB an individual contact, the options are to Edit or Suppress. Why isn't there a Delete? 

If I select Edit, there is not a Free option (see attachment). 

I should point out that these contacts were set up using the Automatic Contacts feature. I've discovered that if I create contacts using the Manual feature, the contacts can be deleted. ?? 

(Inventor 2013)

Message 4 of 5

I thought your inquiry was on Simulation Mechanical. Anyway, I too did not find any way to delete the automatic contacts inside Inventor Stress Simulation. I suppose you have to be content with suppressing the unintended contacts. After a few tests, I find that the automatic contact will always be performed even if you start from blank and try to set manual contact instead of automatic. My guess is that the program was built such that every touching surfaces must be applied with a contact setting. If you need something else, either edit the contact type or suppress it. Anyway, I think you should consider taking this to the Inventor forum where you should be able to get a better response.

Regards

Ilyas

Message 5 of 5

Ok, that is helpful to know you observe the same behavior. 

To clarify, I am using Simulation Mechanical.  

I will just use the Suppress and motor on.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report