Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

birth and death times in Algor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
515 Views, 5 Replies

birth and death times in Algor

I have a question about a non linear MES simulation that I am running.  it is in regards to the settings for death time and rebirth index.  If the curves that I have created constantly repeat at a frequency that I set in my curve, do I have to input the rebirth index.

Is the Birth and Death times a breakdown of the time and frequency of my curves?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
shakeel.mirza
in reply to: Anonymous

Mike,

What type of entity you are trying to control here  ? (Given Displacement or Force)

Can you please explain what you are trying to achieve.

For entities like given displacement Death and Birth time are useful as that is something you cannot define using curves (when given displacment is FREE)

Shakeel

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: shakeel.mirza

I creating a displacement of a feature in a cantilever load.  I've created a curve that is 20 seconds long but the time period lasts 2 seconds where this displacement occurs after 1 second.  I'm trying to accumulate the residual stress that occure after cycling my feature 10 times.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: shakeel.mirza

the displacement is .040 in the y direction and I am applying a force of 20 lbs in the z direction after the feature is maintained in a displaced position.  the force peaks at 1 second and then the feature comes to rest at 2 seconds.  this repeats 10 times to finish at 20 seconds

Message 5 of 6
shakeel.mirza

Hi Mike,

I assume from your description that you are trying to apply a force with certain number of cycles (and not a given displacement)

In case of a force application, you can just leave the initial time as birth time and final time as the death time.

The force curve would be sufficient to vary the force from 0 to max to 0.

Please let me know if you need more explanation.

Regards,

Shakeel

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

and what if one of the loads is displacement only, would the start time as birth time and end of duration being the death time be right?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report