Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
madg1
374 Views, 3 Replies

aspect ratio

hi

I have couple of general questions.

1) I use aspect ratio as one of the checks to see if I got right mesh distribution.I see aspect ratio as high as 60 in my models and I do see low aspect ratio values (min ~1.5) near the area of interest.

Generally my models will be atleast 40 ft long assemblies in static loading.so meshing them fine is not a good option.

As I know that we have to keep aspect ratio as low as possible to get good results, can you guys throw some light on this aspect?

2) Can you also help me out how to use reaction forces to check the results of my model.Any example would be fine.

thanks

madg1
ASIMM 2012
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
klnkai
in reply to: madg1

Regarding question number 1:

Did you already perform a mesh convergence study to check if the mesh size is fine for your solution?

And do you use refinement points at the locations of interest?

Message 3 of 4
madg1
in reply to: klnkai

yes.

and I did mesh convergence study and results are fine.

And also I see the expectd results in my model.But while exploring the ways to cross check my mdel I see the high aspec ratio (of course its not an interested area).

madg1
ASIMM 2012
Message 4 of 4
madg1
in reply to: madg1

there is one option I know of.I can select that particular part and change the mesh size.

I am really interested how the MAX aspect raio effects the model output even though its not in the critcial location.

madg1
ASIMM 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report