Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application programming interface - api

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
klnkai
522 Views, 2 Replies

application programming interface - api

Is there an application programming interface (api) or a possibility to use fortran-scripts or VBA or whatever for Autodesk Simulation meshing?

My issue is that I would like to connect each node of a specific edge to the closest node of another part.

So - if possible - I had a short programme in my mind that uses the vector data of each node to find the closest adjacent node and then draws a line.

Unfortunately, I could not find any hint in the help-files.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: klnkai

Hi,

There is no API for the interface, or nothing documented. (I do not work in the developer team, so I don't know which is the actual case. But the outcome is the same for you.)

What is the purpose of connecting the nodes?

Perhaps the command "Draw > Design > Contact Elements" can be used for your situation. It has a "filter" to restrict lines to a certain length which will work in some cases. It really does not generate contact elements; it creates lines between two sets of nodes. So, if someone has a better suggestion for the command name, please let me know.

Another question: what is "the vector data of each node"?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
klnkai
in reply to: John_Holtz

That is exactly what I needed. Good, that it is already implemented. Thanks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report