Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the ”Load from File“can't use?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jiaming0503
341 Views, 3 Replies

Why the ”Load from File“can't use?

Hi,

Why the ”Load from File“can't  used in "Steady-Coupled Fluid Flow and Thermal" ansys type in Autodesk simulation Mechanical 2013? 

For example,I want using voltage results or the joule heat as the load of temperature in  "Steady-Coupled Fluid Flow and Thermal" ansys type,but I found use temperature field results as the load conditions is not possible

thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi, Mechanical 2013 does not have fluid flow analysis, I assume you are using Multiphysics 2013. If I'm not mistaken, thermal results can be imported to a fluid flow analysis from the Analysis Parameters dialog inside the Thermal tab.

Regards

IIyas

Message 3 of 4

Hi,IIyas

Thanks for your reply!

And I tried to importe the  thermal results to a fluid flow analysis from the Analysis Parameters dialog inside the Thermal tab ,but show "error".

978B6CF4@6BA0784E_29288751.JPG

Attached is a 3D model file,I want to know whether setting problem or application problem.

Below is my calculation about process:
2.jpg

stp1:electrostatic current and voltage

voltage :0v,5v

stp2:fluid flow

3.jpg

Regards,

jiaming0503
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I don't know what the error is about. But if you want to check whether you have set it up correctly, post an archive of your model, someone in this forum might have a look.

Regarding the analysis itself, if the cable is exposed to ambient air, perhaps you can exclude the air from the analysis and perform electrostatic analysis followed by thermal analysis while adding convection load to the outer surface of the plastic to account for the air. 

If the air is jacketing the cable, then perhaps an electrostatic analysis followed by a fluid flow analysis followed by thermal analysis would be best as I don't think the bouyancy effect would have much effect then. Just my thought. 

Regards

Ilyas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report