Simulation Mechanical and Multiphysics

Valued Contributor
tfjield

Re: Weird Nodes

01-18-2013 12:02 PM in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi John,

I copied it into a new scenario and I'm remeshing.  There's something interesting with the meshing engine, because the first time I tried to remesh, one of the parts failed during tet generation and reverted to using the "old method."  Three days later, it was still meshing.  I killed it.  Then, when meshing again, another part failed during the solid meshing, "failed to solid mesh and/or was not watertight."  This part was just successfully meshed in the previous attempt.

Is the meshing engine non-determinant?  Is there a random seed generated within that would result in different different results each time I mesh?

Thanks,

Todd

Current version of Mechanical & Multiphysics: 2013 SP2 (2013.02.00.0010 2-Oct-2012)
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
tfjield

Re: Weird Nodes

01-21-2013 03:24 PM in reply to: AstroJohnPE

So the solution would not mesh in Design Scenario 2 using the same parameters as in Scenario 1.  I had to reduce the mesh size of one of the parts to avoid that tet mesh failure using old method error.  Once I did this, the solution meshed completely.

The internal mesh is visible outside of the part again, similar to, if not exactly the same as, Scenario 1.

Current version of Mechanical & Multiphysics: 2013 SP2 (2013.02.00.0010 2-Oct-2012)
Please use plain text.