Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watertreatment process CFD question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
moe.elbedawi
391 Views, 1 Reply

Watertreatment process CFD question

Hi,

I am new chemical engineering student & I am relatively new in AutoCAD & CFD world, I have autocad & autodesk mechanical simulation. I have university task of designing 3 concrete tanks for Watertreament process both 2 of them have mechanical agitator (blade mixer) & the other contain (1-scraber -to scrub sludge- & 2-stainless steel plates with 55 degree angel inclination with 10 cm spacing between each plate). I want to know how should I consider the movment of in the agitator in autocad can I preset the rpm of the motors so it can give me different results in CFD? can I simulate water the have sand & clay particles knowing the size distrubution of the particles & density?

Please advise me of literatures, papers & tutorial that would help me in drawing specially the agitators & CFD ?

Thanks

process.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joey.X
in reply to: moe.elbedawi

Use MRF(Multiple Rotating Frames of Reference) for the rotating agitator, beware of the assumptions using MRF no free surface with combing to MRF. 

Here is the direct link to ASIM-MP's wiki on Multiple Rotating Frames of Reference 

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report