Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Model Via "Launch Active Model" Does Not Work in Version 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
martin_madaj
419 Views, 2 Replies

Updating Model Via "Launch Active Model" Does Not Work in Version 2015

Hello,

I use Simulation Mechanical 2015 (with service pack) and Inventor 2015. When I send the active CAD model to Simulation Mechanical for the first time, everything is OK. When I make changes to the CAD model in Inventor and use the "Launch Active Model" button to update the geoemetry in Simulation Mechanical, Inventor (or Simulation Mechanical?) hangs and only "Applying associativity updates to model..." message is displayed in Simulation Mechanical status bar. Furthermore, nothing happens and Inventor has to be killed but in Simulation Mechanical I'm able to open another saved simulation.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Martin Madaj.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
martin_madaj
in reply to: martin_madaj

OK, I will reply to myself. Smiley Happy It seems to me the problem is related to multibody parts.

Message 3 of 3
saainsworth
in reply to: martin_madaj

I have a similar problem with Inventor 2016 and Simulation Mechanical 2016.  With and existing simulation, Inventor sits there with a busy circle and simulation lauches but never opens the simulation.  It does log into vault.  The computer is at idle so I don't think it is a wait for it situation.  Something is hung up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report