Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to input table values

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cummingsga
312 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to input table values

Transient Heat Transfer, Windows 7+ Multiphysics 2012 SP1+Hotfix

I need to input the Time, Step, and Output parameters but the table is blank and appears not to accept values.  This is the first time I have attempted to run Simulation since the company converted to W7 from XP.  I have installed SP1 and the hotfix, saved, rebooted and retried with no joy.  I did check one of the few machines that was not converted to XP and the table appears and functions correctly.  Screen shot attached.  I am adding a scenario to a file that ran earlier in the year in XP.  The table does not show properly in the previous scenarios.  Any solutions or suggestions?  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: cummingsga

Hi,

It is really strange that the default values are not shown. So my first throught is that the columns are too narrow. Try moving the cursor in the header where it says "Time", "Steps", and "Output Interval". As you move the mouse back and forth, you will see when the style changes to a left & right arrow. Hold the left mouse button down and drag the column to make it wider. Does this fix it?

Another thought related to the differences between XP and Win 7 is the directory structure. If the full path to the model (from the "C:\" down to the ".fem" extension for the model") is too long, that will cause various problems.

The last option is to update the software. The current version is 2013 SP2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report