Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two loads on one surface

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
anbazhag
421 Views, 1 Reply

Two loads on one surface

I have to find the effect of normal and shear loads on a cylindrical surface, in a MES analysis. I am able to apply the normal load, but when I apply a shear load on the same surface, I get a error message saying "The selected locations do not accept the load or constraint being applied. Start over and read the supported geometry locations mentioned in the status bar."

Is it not possible to apply two loads on the same surface? Is there a different way to do it?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ilyas_drawbridge
in reply to: anbazhag

It is possible to apply multiple loads to the same surface. What sort of elements are you using? Brick/shell/beam? If I'm not mistaken, the error you quoted appear when you apply loads which are incompatible with the element type you are applying the load to, such as applying a force to beam elements. It can also occur if you selected the wrong geometry type when applying the load, eg, select lines and then apply force. Find out the right setup to apply on your elements. If you are unsure, simply select the geometry first, then right-click>add to see what type of setup is suitble for your selected geometry.

Regards

Ilyas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report