Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to read the normal stress

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ramses061
384 Views, 1 Reply

Trying to read the normal stress

Hi. I'm using Simulation multiphysics 2013. I am running an impact analysis in MES with nonlinear materials. I want to see the "normal stress" results of a node. Not Von Mises, Tresca, Principal or other. I only want to see the normal stress at a direction. My direction is not on the x, y and z axes. It is free. I used a new coordinate system, defined the X axes direction which i did the impact. So i thought i will be able to read the normal stress in x axes but i couldn't find the normal stress option in the results section. Does the stress tensor gives the normal stress value at that direction? In fact i know it doesn't but i need to hear an expert's idea.

Thanks from now.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: ramses061

The stresses XX, YY, and ZZ are normal stresses. (I forget the convention, but one character indicates the direction of the stress, and the other character represents the direction normal to the face.)

When a local coordinate system is activated (make sure that you have activated it!), the legend will indicate the stress direction in some fashion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report