Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trosion results in frame simulation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Malpaknia
320 Views, 1 Reply

Trosion results in frame simulation

My frame analysis results is attached, can anybody explain, why I get different torsion results on different side of the frame, everything being equal 

Thx. for your help 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Malpaknia

Hi Malpaknia,

Can you explain what you are showing in the results image? Most of the readers of this forum will have no idea what you are showing since your analysis was not done with Simulation Mechanical/Multiphysics. (That includes me, too.)

Also, to what difference are you refering? I assume that the -177 and +177 ksi are related to tension and compression, or right-hand versus left-hand result, so that seems correct. If I understand the image correctly, it looks like there are three beams converging at each of the 6050 pound load. So there are three different results at those nodes depending on which beam you select. I assume that one of the three beams has nearly 0 stress (which is the one you selected for the probe) and a different beam on the other side shows the maximum of +177 ksi.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report