Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transit thermal stress analysis

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
xuefengshi
569 Views, 3 Replies

Transit thermal stress analysis

Hi, There

I understand there is stable thermal stress analysis example in the manual. Does anybody have experience with transits thermal stress analysis or example for that(How the program import the transit thermal results).

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello!

In order transition from a transient thermal analysis to a time-dependent stress analysis you will want go to the FEA Editor tab and right click Analysis Type and select Nonlinear > MES with Nonlinear Material Models.This will allow you to run stress analysis for all time-steps rather than just one timestep with a static stress analysis. When the pop-up window comes up click Yes, this will create a new design scenario instead of overwriting your current study.

You will now need to add and change some additional information to your model to make sure the thermal results are properly used. First you will need to change the element definition for each part to a temperature dependent material model. Now you will need to add information to the material definition to reflect that it is now temperature dependent. Right-click Material and click Edit Material..., now you will want to click Edit Properties. Here you can enter in the temperature dependent material properties. It is important the material is define for a temperature below your minimum temperature experience in the thermal analysis  and above the maximum temperature experience. Next up is to edit the Analysis Parameters, you will want to match up the number of time-steps in this design scenario to your thermal analysis. The final step you will move over to the Thermal tab, and select a Transient Analysis for nodal temperatures location, then browse to the directory where your results are stored for the first design scenario and select the results file.

If you are interesting in learning more about using transient thermal analysis results to perform a stress analysis there is a great Simulation TV episode available on that.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 4
xuefengshi
in reply to: xuefengshi

Thanks,

I try to get example from Simulation TV episode, but I couldn't. Could I download it to my local computer. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4

Hello!

Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide the models used in the Simulation TV presentations. In my previous post I provided a link to the Simulation TV mainpage instead of the Transient Heat Transfer to MES video.

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report