Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Stress analysis

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jan.d.behrens
610 Views, 1 Reply

Thermal Stress analysis

Hello! I'm trying to do a thermal stress analysis with Autodesk Sim. Multiphysics. (I have to note that I'm quite new to this, but thanks to the nice online tutorials I was able to get started quikly.)

I managed to make some thermal analysis already, now the next step is to use the temperature results from this step as input for the stress analysis. I tried to follow the Autodesk Knowledge Base, so I created a new instance of my analysis, copying over the project in the FEM editor and changing the analysis type to a structural analysis, as described here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16953093&linkID=13806469

My problem now is to export the thermal results so I can use them in the structural analysis. In figure 3 on the above webpage, you can see that I'm supposed to load the temperature distribution from some .to file. However, the big question arises - how do I export the results to this filetype in the first place?? All I'm able to do is export node temperatures to .out or .csv files. I feel like I tried every option available in the application, but still wasn't able to find the correct one. It can't be that hard after all, so help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Okay, more or less by accident I found out that this .to file is created automatically in your working directory when you run the simulation. This should really be noted somewhere, e.g. at the above tutorial, since it might not be clear to everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report