Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal: How do I find the node number ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nivenl
1487 Views, 4 Replies

Thermal: How do I find the node number ?

After meshing the part, I would like to find out the node's number so that I can specify the orientation for the orthotropic material. Is there anyway to find out what the node numbers are before running the analysis? 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Andrew.Sartorelli
in reply to: nivenl

Hi Nivenl!

To determine the node number after meshing you will need to go to the Selection tab on the ribbon and set the selection type to Vertices. Now when you click on a node in the mesh assembly you can simply right click and select Inquire. The inquire dialog will bring up information about Vertex number and coordinate location.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 5
nivenl
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

I actually did try that, but I was not sure if vertice number and node number are the same. 

Thanks a lot. 

Message 4 of 5
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: nivenl

The vertice numbers in the FEA Editor ARE NOT the node numbers. If they were the same number, we would have called them nodes in the FEA Editor.

To get the node numbers that are required as input for the orientation of orthotropic brick elements, you need to

1. complete the model
  2. do a "Check Model" (Analysis > Analysis > Check Model)
  3. Once in the Results environment, you can select the node(s), right-click, and "Inquire Results".
  4. Go back to the FEA Editor and enter the node numbers.
  5. Proceed with the analysis.
Message 5 of 5

John is correct here, I apologize for any confusion my inaccurate response may have caused.

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report