Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal/Fluid Flow Analysis through an irregular chamber?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ryan31394
483 Views, 1 Reply

Thermal/Fluid Flow Analysis through an irregular chamber?

Okay, I'm currently an undergraduate student who has been working with autodesk software for a little over a year now, but my skill with the FEM programs is still in its infancy so try to respond with that in mind. 🙂

I need to do a fluid analysis in which a fluid (air in this case) flows through an irregular chamber that is subject to heat from the sun. Specifically, I need to be able to give the input air a specific temperature and velocity/pressure, have the air pick up heat as it flows through the chamber, and then determine the temperature of the output air.

I realize this is somewhat in-depth, but I would really appreciate a good response. How would I go about performing this analysis, and would Multiphysics be the best Autodesk product for this analysis?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: ryan31394

Hi Ryan,

Actually, the current version of Autodesk Simulation Mechanical (version 2014) no longer includes fluid flow analysis. That capability has been taken over by Autodesk Simulation CFD. Even if you have an older version of Simulation Multiphysics, I would recommend that you use the Simulation CFD software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report