Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steady state fluid flow - Error: time step cannot be zero

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jkmalagi
1572 Views, 3 Replies

Steady state fluid flow - Error: time step cannot be zero

Hi,

I am new to Algor fluid-flow simulation & I am currently trying to run a  steady state fluid flow simulation thru a tube assembly. Attached image shows my load curve. When I start analysis, I get an error that says "Error: Time step cannot be zero". What am I doing wrong? I have set initial multiplier as zero.

Appreciate your feedback,

Thanks,

Jay

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hupn
in reply to: jkmalagi

Hi Jay,

Maybe you have two lines with the same time value for the load curve definition. Or maybe you defined the first line with time 0 and mulitiplier 0. See the attached two figures. For steady fluid flow, you do not need to define the starting time. I would suggest you to double check the definition of your load curve.

hup

Message 3 of 4
Joey.X
in reply to: jkmalagi

Jay,

Steady fluid flow uses pseudo time to provide multiple analysis results at different loading combinations, it does not accept initial time as zero, and does not accept zero loadings in any time step, these are diffent requirements comparing to unsteady fluid flow.

For your case,  what you can do are (a) change first time from zero to a tiny one, say 1e-10(s); (b) change first multiplier from zero to a tiny value, say 1e-11, the change of (b) is used to avoid zero loading for the the result at time=1e-10(s).

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation
Message 4 of 4
jkmalagi
in reply to: Joey.X

Thanks Joey, Hup for the responses.

Changing the time step & intial multiplier to a non-zero value (close to zero) helped. The analysis is now running (although for ~ 10 hours now!).

Regards,

Hat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report