Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sismic analysis with Mechanical Simulation

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
279 Views, 0 Replies

Sismic analysis with Mechanical Simulation

Hi everybody! I'm Luca, I'm a new member and I'd want to submit you all my first question:

For the first time I'm approaching to earthquake analysis and I'm using Autodesk Mechanical Simulation. My problem is for first a conceptual problem:

I've a standard container full of mechanical equipments connected by pipings. These equipments are pressurized vessels full of hydrogen. My question is: "Should I consider the entire assembly for the analysis (container+contained parts) or should I consider one part by one?

For example: in the container there are a lot of items positioned on particular pylons. Is it better to import all the container assembly, perform the modal analysis and than to perform the spectral response or doing an analysis for each pylon contained in the container?

If an earthquake would shake the container it will transfer the loads to the internal structures...I have an idea about this but I ask your help because maybe there is a convenction or a normative that specify the rules for that case. In any case I'd like to know your opinion about this problem. Thanks

Ciao!!

Luca

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report