Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation of free surface flows

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
priyashanmugam
755 Views, 1 Reply

Simulation of free surface flows

Hi

Could you please tell me if Autodesk Simulation has the capability to simulate free surface flows?

We are trying to simulate the resistance on a boat in motion (i.e, trying to compute the related drag forces,  pressures, surface elevations etc.) and would like to know if Autodesk Simulation Mechanical/Multiphysics would support this simulation. Earlier posts in this forum relevant to this subject, received comments that ASIM did not have the capabilities to compute drag force/ simulate wave motions AT THE TIME. Since this was over a year ago, I was wondering if the capacity to model free surface flows has been incorporated into ASIM/MP as yet.

Thanks,

Priya

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You might want to check out Simulation CFD 2014, Free Surface was added in this release. Check it out in this What's New video. I haven't tried it though, so I am not sure whether you can get the drag, pressure from the free surface analysis.

Regards

Ilyas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report