There is a new technology preview on Labs.
You can try it and post your feedback to this thread.
Some key features of this Tech Preview are:
- a Drop Test Wizard
- parametric design studies
- improved MES impact planes
- multi-interval time zones for MES
- GPU support
I encourage you all to try this Tech Preview and let us know what you think of these features. Your feedback is valued and will help drive development and release decisions on these features.
Note: Scout requires a non-trial ASIM Mech 2012 installation.
Fantastic improvement! I have some questions though:
- Considering that the parametric simulation takes into consideration the parameters from inventor, could you help me making this work?
- When you talk about GPU support, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that it can now use the GPU to run the operations? Which operations can be optimized (Meshing, Simulation)? What video cards are supported? Or is this optimization just for the display of the 3D models?
Thanks a lot for the information, and I've seen the video of the parametric simulation.
My honest recognition! You guys are making an amazing job!
I instaleed and my custom materials library got currupted;
Index out of bounds, 80.
I can send the corrupted library if it would be of any use.
1. Of course, we are glad that you ar trying this.
a. Obviously, import a model from Inventor
b. Currently this only works with Linear Stress
c. Set-up your LSS simulation as you normally would including all boundary condiations, materials, etc.
d. Once set-up and runnable go to the Setup tab and click on the next to last button (Parametric Study (Tech Preview))
e. The Inventor parameters will be displayed on the first screen of the PDS wizard, select those of interest, click Next
f. In the next screen, you will add the various values that you wish to be run for each selected parameters; these values are entered into the Value column and should be separated with semicolons
g. Do not click Next just yet; first click on the Run button
h. Once the various runs have completed, then click on Next to review the results
i. Double click on any model that you want to review and another MechSim session will start with that model loaded
2. GPU support is for the matrix solution only at this time (except for whatever happens by default with graphics). Meshing is not off-loaded to the GPU at this time.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Since the technology preview stops operating on March 1, I have retired it from the Autodesk Labs site.
There is a new 2013-based technology preview on Labs.
You can try it and post your feedback to this thread. We are back in business.
I posted an update to the 2013-based technology preview today.
MoldFlow solver supports OpenCL platform of AMD, I think. How about AMG (GPGPU) solver of Autodesk Simulation Mechanical Tech Preview? If possible, we plan benchmark GPGPU computing performance between NVIDA and AMD.