Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Mechanical 2015 Service Pack 1 has launched

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Andrew.Sartorelli
759 Views, 3 Replies

Simulation Mechanical 2015 Service Pack 1 has launched

Service Pack 1 for Simulation Mechanical 2015 has launched for both the desktop client and the flex client. Below is a list of the issues that have been addressed with this service pack.

Crash

• A program crash could occur when clicking OK in the Options dialog box.
        • A program crash could occur when you change the default target computer in the Analysis tab of the Options dialog box from Local solve to Cloud solve (Simulation Mechanical 360 only).

Fatigue Wizard

• When the mean stress is negative, fatigue life results for the Gerber and Goodman stress correction methods are not correct.
        • Regional settings using a comma (,) as the decimal separator cause incorrect results in Fatigue Wizard.
        • Regional settings using a comma (,) as the decimal separator can cause the following error when attempting to start a fatigue analysis: “You do not appear to have any language database files installed.”

Linear Static Stress (LSS)

• Regional settings using a comma (,) as the decimal separator cause incorrect results from a Static Stress with Linear Materials analysis.
        • Cannot solve a Natural Frequency (Modal) with Load Stiffening analysis when the model contains Rigid elements. Solver error generated.
        • A Critical Buckling Load analysis might fail when using default parameters.
        • You cannot change the gravitational acceleration constant. Upon running the analysis, it is reset to the standard gravity value.

Mechanical Event Simulation (MES)

• In the Element Definition dialog box for nonlinear shell elements, the Material Model changes from the user-specified setting. Specifically, when the Element Formulation = “Thin,” and you select the “von Mises with Isotropic Hardening” Material Model, the Material Model changes to “Composite.”

Results

• In a linear static stress analysis, when you attempt to graph results or create a path plot, a blank graph may appear (with no curve, title, or legend displayed; and with an incorrect Y-axis range). 1
          • In a linear static stress analysis, when you attempt to embed a graph, the presentation window becomes blank and cannot be closed. You cannot close the Results environment. Also, trying to delete the embedded presentation fails. 1

1Note: If new design scenarios with different analysis types are created from a linear static stress analysis in which graphing was attempted, the graphing functions can fail for those analysis types as well.

Third-Party FEA Support

• The Export to NASTRAN command does not create a NASTRAN file.
        • When opening third-party FEA models, an archive of the source model is created, even though archives are only applicable to Simulation Mechanical models.
        • Exporting results to a NASTRAN *.op2 file fails.

Vault

• Simulation Mechanical 2015 is not recognized as a qualifying application for Vault Basic Client 2015. Therefore, the Vault Client cannot be installed unless a qualifying Autodesk application is also installed on the computer.

Others

• When you save graph results of a Convergence Plot, the data saved is incomplete.
        • Local Mesh Refinement convergence graphs do not display the units of the results.
        • Duplicate "Simulation" tabs appear in Inventor for Simulation CFD and Simulation Mechanical.
        • You cannot open a file through the Mechanical Simulation Job Manager. The Open command is missing from the context menu that appears when you right-click a running or finished job.
        • You may not be able to run the following commands after canceling a currently running solution or if a solution fails:
          • Run Simulation
          • Check Model
          • Local Mesh Refinement

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I got excited when I heard the news, as I was told that getting Vault 2015 working with Simulation was of the highest priorty. 

I was very dissapointed to find out that it had not been included in this service pack.

As it stands, Simulation Mechanical 2015 is not compatible with Vault 2015!

From the read-me:

"Vault

• Simulation Mechanical 2015 is not recognized as a qualifying application for Vault Basic Client 2015. Therefore, the Vault Client cannot be installed unless a qualifying Autodesk application is also installed on the computer."

How does it being reccongnized as a qualifying product help if it is not compatible?

How can a group of developers use the wrong developer package from the same company? Is this software not Beta tested?

And who do I have to get ahold of to get a refund for the other Autodesk products we've purchased that we cannot use because of this mistake?

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

YouTube IconLinkedIn Icon

Message 3 of 4

Hi Andrew,

I know your are a bit frustrated with not being able to use Simulation Mechanical 2015 with Vault 2015 through the Simulation Mechanical interface. With the changes that went into effect in Service Pack 1, Simulation Mechanical 2015 files can be checked-in and checked-out using the Vault 2015 interface rather than directly in the Simulation Mechanical interface. This will likely lengthen you and your colleagues workflow, but it should allow you to continue to use Vault.  I'm working on creating documention on this procedure for you and other customers that are not able to use Vault 2015 directly in the Simulation Mechanical interface.

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 4 of 4
dharhay
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

Thanks for the good response Andrew. We at Fives Bronx are potentially going to use Vault and it looks that in the future this will happen.

Dave Harhay
Dave H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report