Discussion Groups

Simulation Mechanical and Multiphysics

Product Support
KubliJ

Re: Simulation Mechanica Not Working Properly

10-24-2013 04:10 PM in reply to: luisito8m

Hi Luis,

Here is something else to try, it should reset the results display to default. 

From the FEA Editor environment, press and hold the <shift> key and click on the Results Tab.  Keep the <shift> key pressed until you are in the Results Environment.

Thanks,

James

James Kubli

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.
Please use plain text.
luisito8m

10-25-2013 12:15 AM in reply to: KubliJ

James,

I did what you asked, nothing happened. I only got moved from Editor to Results Tab.

holdSHIFT.png

Thank you!

Luis

Please use plain text.
Distinguished Contributor
ilyas

10-25-2013 02:46 AM in reply to: luisito8m

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure that this 'whitish' contour is related to the graphics as I've encountered it before, once. I solved it by disabling the OpenGL Hardware Acceleration. If it is greyed out, perhaps you don't have administrative rights or graphics card does not support opengl. Then again, I don't know much about graphics cards, but I do feel that you have the rest of the settings worked out to be able to see the contour plot. Perhaps you could share your graphic card information here to help with the troubleshoot.

Regards

Ilyas

Please use plain text.
luisito8m

10-26-2013 06:11 AM in reply to: ilyas

Ilyas,

I have tried that before I started this thread. I found that to be a solution for a couple of people thanks to John who came up with the right answers, however, the Open GL Hardware acceleration is checked out but it is grayed out.

I have a Macbook Air Mid2013 model (the latest), it has an Intel HD 5000 graphics chip, it supports Open GL and Direct X. 

Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 8.09.33 AM.png

How do I get administrative rights?

Thanks!

Luis

Please use plain text.
Distinguished Contributor
ilyas

10-26-2013 08:12 AM in reply to: luisito8m

Hi Luis, 

I was referring to the Windows User Account. The account needs to be an administrator for you to tweak the "opengl" checkbox. Try it. I'm not what is its equivalent in mac os. I'm not even sure that you can install simulation mechanical on a mac os.

Regards

Ilyas

Please use plain text.
luisito8m

10-26-2013 08:16 AM in reply to: ilyas

Got it to work!

Thank you guys for all you help! 

Thank you Ilyas!

After a google search about "Administrator Rights" (because I am not a Windows person), I opened the program in "Administrator Mode" which then allowed me to uncheck the Open GL Hardware Acceleration, no idea what that is, but has to do with the graphics. After unchecking it, I ran a very quick test, and it worked!

It is the little things that make software impossible.

Life is good.

Here are some pictures:

UnselectedOpenGL.png

ItWorks.png

Thank you once more!

I can now practice all problems from my FEA book!

Luis

Please use plain text.
luisito8m

10-26-2013 08:20 AM in reply to: ilyas
Ilyas,

You can't install Simulation Mechanica in Mac OS, I am using Windows through bootcamp, which means that I have 2 different OS installed in my Mac.

Most Engineering software is only supported by Windows, which is a pain (for me). The only engineering program that I am able to run natively from Mac OS is MatLAB.

Abaqus, SolidWorks, CATIA, Simulation Mechanica, Algor, and AutoCAD are installed on my Windows side. (There is an AutoCAD for Mac, but it is not as powerful).

Cheers!
Luis
Please use plain text.