Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation 2013 Idles After First Convergence

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
261 Views, 1 Reply

Simulation 2013 Idles After First Convergence

I recently upgraded to Simulation 2013 from 2012.  I began by running an MES model.  After the first convergence, the analysis log window showed elapsed time continuing to increase but the log view window did not show any more iterations being performed.  It just idles (no new lines in the log view).  The first convergence took only a couple of minutes.  I have attached a screenshot of the analysis window after 5 hours of idling.  Does anyone have any ideas on why it just idles after the first convergence and how I may correct this?  I have run the same model in 2012 and did not have this issue.  I have also attached an image of the model.  There are 2 prescribed displacements with surface contact.  The model is 1/4 symmetry.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
zhuangs
in reply to: Anonymous

This model deserves us to investigate.  Could you send us the model (just a ACH file without results)?  If the model is too large to post here, you can send the model to me via email:  Shoubing.Zhuang@autodesk.com

Shoubing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report