Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Surface Contact as the Default?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
langmuirsystems
1625 Views, 3 Replies

Setting Surface Contact as the Default?

Hi all,

I've started to look at assemblies with mulitple parts and I've noticed that there is no way to make surface contact the default contact. I'm assuming this is so that the user has to go in and define every surface contact that is likely to occur. The problem is, i'm dealing with models that include 20+ surface contacts and it can be time consuming to have to isolate parts and setup contact pairs. Is there a way to have assemblies be solid surfaces that do not penetrate each other as the default?

Thanks,

M

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

M,

Can't you right-click in the browser where it says "Contact (Default: ______ )" and choose Surface Contact? If not which of the 25 different analysis types available in Simulation Multiphysics are your performing?

Message 3 of 4
zhuangs
in reply to: langmuirsystems

'Surfact contact' cannot be set as "Contact (default: ..)".  If your model has too contact pairs, you can try to use selection group to simplify contact definition.

-Shoubing

Message 4 of 4
Fori123
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

John,

how do you or can you define a tolerance for picking up surface contact. ie. if you have a thousands clearance will it still pick up as a surface contact. Can this be defined or the tolerance changed?

Thank you,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report