Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving remote solver configuration not possible

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sladisch
544 Views, 3 Replies

Saving remote solver configuration not possible

Hi @ all;

I'm facing an new Problem while trying to set up a remote solver.

When I enter the "Options" menu and hit the button to configure the remote program and the remote host everything works fine. After exiting the remote configuration dialog back to the options dialog and then going back to the remote configuration dialog every set up is lost.

So, in short: My ASM is not able to save the remote configuration.

Any Ideas? I tried to search the filesystem an the registry to find some file containing the remote configuration setup with no success.

I'm using Simulation Mechanical 2013.

Regards

Stefan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sladisch
in reply to: sladisch

Hi again,

Let me push this topic again with some new information. Using the Process Monitor from sysinternals.com I found out where the config informatrions are stored.

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\ALGOR\algor_rexec_options.xml

The sad thing is, that my input is stored correctly to this file and even while starting the dialog again the process monitor shows no errors like for example access problems.

Can anyone check if the problem is reproducable? Just try to setup a remote tool with pseudoinformation (linke abc123) and give me a hint if the input is stored correctly.

Regards

Stefan

Message 3 of 4
sladisch

Hi, can anyone check if the configuration of the remote host ist stored correctly? Just with some fake information. Maybe it's a translation Problem in the German Version? Regards Stefan
Message 4 of 4
sladisch

Got the solution from the Autodesk Support:

I've done some investigating over the past several days and it appears that this abnormal behavior occurs due to decimal settings. When using the European standard of comma (,) for the decimal versus the American standard of period (.), you will encounter an issue saving the remote solve settings. Development is currently aware of the issue, however for legal reasons I can not provide a status on a resolution for the issue. One workaround is to change the decimal settings to the American standard of period (.) to allow for saving of the remote solve preference. This can be done through Windows, go to Regional settings, Advanced settings, and then change the decimal symbol to period.

Regards

Stefan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report