Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEADY COUPLED FLUID FLOW AND THERMAL SET UP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dodun1
529 Views, 3 Replies

STEADY COUPLED FLUID FLOW AND THERMAL SET UP

Hello,

I have been trying to set up an analysis for a steady coupled fluid flow and thermal situation which will allow me to simulate a cooling system. I have taken a simple approach by creating a 5x5x5 box with a hole through the center where 6 in pipe goes through. I want to allow water to flow through and see the temperature change of the box and the fluid. Is this possible on this simulation tool?

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: dodun1

Hi dodun,

I do not understand whether the water is in the pipe, the box, or both. If there are two different fluids, what is the other one?

If water is inside the pipe and box, then Simulation Multiphysics can solve it. (You may need to use unsteady because a steady state solution does not exist very many times due to the nonlinear nature of fluid.)

If there are two different fluids inside the pipe and inside the box, you will need to get an answer from someone at Autodesk. It may be possible with the coupled analysis, and there may be other alternatives, but I do not know what methods support different fluids.

Message 3 of 4
dodun1
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

In my particular situation, the fluid will only be flowing through the pipe. Imagine the box to be a solid metal box with a hole in the middle enough for the pipe/tube to fit through to allow fluid to flow through the tube. A better visual would be like putting a straw through a large die (dice). Thank you
Message 4 of 4
dodun1
in reply to: dodun1

In my particular situation, the fluid will only be flowing through the pipe. Imagine the box to be a solid metal box with a hole in the middle enough for the pipe/tube to fit through to allow fluid to flow through the tube. A better visual would be like putting a straw through a large die (dice). Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report