Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA-194 2h material

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dharhay
2147 Views, 5 Replies

SA-194 2h material

Hi all, would anyone have tensile, yield, modulus, coefficient of thermal expansion, poisson for SA-194 2h material.  Its

carbon steel used in making hex nuts.  I have ASTM spec, but that does not have the data.  Or have you used a

substitute successfully?  Thanks.

Dave H
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
M.Peppel
in reply to: dharhay

Hi Dave,

according to CASTI Guidebook to ASME Section II this material is similar to UNS K04002, probably you can somehow get the properties for this material.

HTH

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 3 of 6
M.Peppel

Hi Dave,

I tried to find the information needed in our "Key to Steel" but there are also no material properties available. I am sorry but I can not help, you may want to speak to the manufacturer of the material to get the desired information.

Regards

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 4 of 6
dharhay
in reply to: M.Peppel

Thanks to all that replied.  My result is that the CASTI book provides the link of SA-194-2H to UNS K04002 and also AISI

1040.  Combining these and the hardness, one can get all the mechanical properties needed to enter into the material

database of 2012 Simulation.

Dave H
Message 5 of 6
M.Peppel

Hi Dave,

I strongly suggest to reassess this information. According to "The Key to Steel" SA-194 2H is for sure not similar to AISI 1040. In case your calculations are safety relevant you better talk to one of the manufacturers to receive trustworthy information.

Best regards

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 6 of 6
dharhay
in reply to: M.Peppel

Thanks for your response Matthias!  With your references,jump in:

Density=

Poisson ratio=

Modulus of Elasticity=

Thermal Expansion Coefficient

Shear Modulus=

Tensile Strength=

Yield Strength=

Hardness=

Thermal Conductivity=

Specific Heat=

Dave H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report