Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Colors not visible

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
hagiographa
5472 Views, 7 Replies

Result Colors not visible

Can anyone tell me how to turn on the results (colors), to make the stresses visible?  I can see the scale change when chaning between results, but the model stays the same.

When a report is generated, it grabs a 'screenshot' which has the colors visible.  This is no good, as I would like to be able to rotate the model and have a look around at where the stresses are.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
John_Holtz
in reply to: hagiographa

It's a little hard to know what's going on without an image of what you are seeing, but perhaps one of these will fix it.

1. In the browser, expand the branch "Saved Presentations". Double-click on any one of the entries to open a new results window. Can you see the color plots now?
  2. Close all of the Results windows. Hold the Shift key down and click the "Results" tab. This will reset the results window to the default values.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 8
hagiographa
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,

Thank you for the suggestions, unfortunately they didn't work.

Here are some pictures to illustrate the problem:

The "Print Screen-Not Displaying Graphical results" image is the display as I see it.  (No colors.)

The "image within report" is the image I saw in the generated report.

The "Save Image button result" picture is generated by the 'Save Image' function.  (Colors are visible.)

The results are there, but are not displaying in normal use.

Thank you for looking into it.

Message 4 of 8
John_Holtz

Hi,

I may not be much help because I forgot my laptop (with all of the software) at work, so I am accessing the forum from home (from a Mac, which I know nothing about). The two static images work because they are created programmatically. They are not just a "screen shot". But why the "live" image does not show any color is a bit of a mystery.

1. Are the displacements realistic?
  2. What type of elements are being used?
  3. Any idea where the white color comes from? Is that the color of the part in the FEA Editor?
  4. Does this problem occur with other models or just this model?
  5. Try displaying the model with the mesh (something like "View > Appearance > Visual Style > Shaded with Mesh").
  6. The problem may be related to the graphics and/or graphics card. Somewhere under the "Tools > Options > Application Options" and the "Graphics" tab, there is an option to disable "Open GL". Try to toggle that option, and then start a new window (From the FEA Editor, hold the Shift key while you click the "Results" tab, and hold it until the Results appear.)
  7. What date are your graphics drivers? They may need to be updated.
  8. Somewhere under Windows is an option for "Hardware Acceleration"; I think it ranges from "None" to "Full". You might want to try changing that towards the "None" end of the range to see if it makes a difference.

In the off chance that the problem is related to the model, I suggest that you create an archive and attach the archive file to a reply. There is a post named "Create, Post, or Provide an Archive" that describes the process. (I would normally link to it, but I cannot find where to copy the link on the iMac!)

Good luck.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 8
hagiographa

Thanks for the suggestions John.

Updating the graphics card driver has resolved the issue. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
mohamedhph

The results should be like this:

Saved from Program

Whereas this is from exported image

while the below image is actual view in Autodesk:

PrintScreen from results

It's quite depressing if you know that my graphic is "Intel HD 4000" which is most popular graphics in all modern computers

I already installed latest service pack as well as latest intel graphics driver released on 19 March 2013

Message 7 of 8
mohamedhph

The problem have been solved by

Options > Graphics > Hardware > then uncheck "OpenGL" to disable hardware acceleration

check thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Simulation-Mechanical/Contour-Plot-Not-showing/m-p/3929078/hi...

Message 8 of 8
barrus
in reply to: mohamedhph

For the record I had the exact same problem and the above solution worked.  My system is:

Windows: 10 64 bit

Software: Simulation 2018

Graphic card: NIVDIA GEFORDCE 745M

Computer: ASUS Desktop

Donald Barrus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report