Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Starting Autodesk Simulation 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
scottamackie
348 Views, 1 Reply

Problems Starting Autodesk Simulation 2012

I have some models in Inventor, but I am having trouble opening the Simulation package. I may have a license issue, but I would like to make sure I am not making a mistake opening the simulation package.

I simply clicked on the Autodesk Simulation from the top ribbon and I get an error "Could not start simulation using Algor."

I have tried to start Autodesk Simulation Mechanical from start menu and get a error "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager.". This makes me think it was installed improperly, but I want to verify that I am not doing something improperly.

Should I be opening the simulation package differently than I have tried? Should I reinstall? Should I check the license?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Scott Mackie

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I don't know of the 2012 version, but starting Sim Mech/MP for me is no different than starting any other software. You can launch it from some of the CAD packages by simply clicking on Launch Active Model in the Autodesk Simulation tab. You can start it from the desktop shortcut or the start menu. You can also open a .fem file to launch the software.

If I were, I would start to troubleshoot on the license. Check whether the license is up and running, whether the machine can ping the license server, and that it is pointed correctly to it. You can get more info on troubleshooting license problems from the autodesk licensing forum.

Regards

Ilyas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report