Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when defining PCB material

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
smaguarian
525 Views, 2 Replies

Problem when defining PCB material

Good morning,

Firstly, I am french, so please forgive me for my mistakes. Secondly, I use Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013.

I am trying to run the steady heat transfer simulation of the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) available in the Tutorials folder.

I managed to mesh the model but my problem is when I want to define material properties. I click on edit material and an unexpected error message appears : "Modification of a thermal element but isotropic has not been specified".

What does it mean ? I do not have the feeling I missed a step.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks !

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: smaguarian

Hi,

This is a rare problem any not related to anything you did incorrectly. My suspicion is that it is related to a timing issue: the computer probably tries to do an important step but is unable to complete it for some unknown reason.

The error message is trying to indicate that the "Material Model" has not been set for the part, and the material model controls what type of material properties are needed.

The solution is easy. Right-click on the "Element Definition" and choose to edit it. When the dialog appears, just click "OK". You may need to do this for each part in the model which can be done once by selecting all of the parts and then editing the Element Definition.

Message 3 of 3
smaguarian
in reply to: smaguarian

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, I tried this solution and it does not work.

I just installed Multiphysics 2012 instead of 2013 and now it seems to work !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report