Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plate and brick elements for differnet parts in the same senario

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
edward.doughty
616 Views, 2 Replies

Plate and brick elements for differnet parts in the same senario

I am trying to perform a modal and stress analysis on an assembly that is manufactured from machined and plate components. In order to keep the model size down I would like to have the plate components as plate elements and the machined components as brick elements but I am unable to achieve this in Simulation Multiphysiics 2011. I have a simliar unit that was analysed in Algor V23.1 that appears to be able to do this. Any help/suggestions would be welcomed.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hupn
in reply to: edward.doughty

Hi

Could you be most specific with what you mean:

"I would like to have the plate components as plate elements and the machined components as brick elements but I am unable to achieve this".

Assuming that you have multi-components that could be viewed as multi-parts in FEA editor, you should be able to set different element type for different parts by right clicking the "Element Type" and then choosing the proper one. Also make sure that you set the mesh type to be plate/shell for the part.

hup

Message 3 of 3
edward.doughty
in reply to: hupn

Thanks for the help. It has helped me realise what the problem is. I needed to set the element type for each part as you suggested but also to change the CAD Mesh Options to be Part rather than Model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report